Only $18 Per Night
Free Power & Water
Free Satellite TV
The beautiful town of Gatton is located approximately 90km west of Brisbane in the heart of the Lockyer Valley. There are a number of agricultural areas running the length of the East Coast of Queensland and Gatton is such a key, year-round part of this chain that it is fondly referred to as the ‘Salad Bowl’ of Australia.
Gatton Caravan Park is conveniently positioned in the township of Gatton and aims to meet the needs of working backpackers by specialising in budget accommodation with a community-focus.
Why stay at Gatton?
Gatton is the largest town and business centre of the Lockyer Valley. It is a progressive and vibrant town centred around primary production and agriculture. Officially gazetted in 1855, Gatton has a culturally diverse population of approximately 7,000 and enjoys a laidback, country lifestyle. The town is dependent on the local farming community, supplying machinery, parts, irrigation equipment as well as essential products and services.
For the visitor, Gatton has everything required for a comfortable stay. With three major supermarkets, a busy main shopping district, various dining options, sporting facilities, parks and reserves, Gatton is a convenient base to explore the surrounding area.Lockyer Valley Visitor Information Centre
Gatton Freedom Lifestyle Park has a lot to offer backpackers who need accommodation while working in the region.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
- Self-contained cabins and caravans
- Powered sites available
- Newly renovated amenities blocks
- Communal area including pool, TV and games room
- Excellent location for touring around or working in local area
- Walking distance to town centre, shops, pubs, sports and recreation centre and other attractions
- Cost-effective accommodation
- If you want to connect with people from all around the world during your stay then you can! We work closely with the backpacker community and accommodate working backpackers from all around the world – we encourage and facilitate a respectful and welcoming international community
Backpackers looking for details about farm work (including work for visa purposes) can contact us on 07 5462 1198. Our staff can assist you with information about the current work that is available from farmers and contractors in the Gatton area. Accommodation available from $18 a night (shared). Must Bring own linen.
- Community vibe with backpackers from all around the world.
- We help connect backpackers with farm work by putting you in touch with local licensed contractors and farms in accordance with current Government legislation and VEVO requirements.
- Large communal area with TV
- Self Contained Caravans include hotplate, fridge, cutlery, crockery, cooking utensils and kettle.
- Walking distance to town centre, shops, pubs, sports and recreation centre and other attractions.
- IGA, Aldi & Coles 450m.
- Free showers.
- Free power and water.
- Free WIFI.
- Free Foxtel TV.
- Transport to farms.
- In-ground pool.
- Coin operated laundry.
- Newly renovated amenities blocks.
- Cost-effective accommodation.
- Regular buses between Gatton and Brisbane.
Location & Contact Details
T: 07 5462 1198
291 Eastern Drive, Gatton QLD 4343
Approximately 60 minutes west of Brisbane by car. Follow the Warrego Highway (see map and link for detailed location and directions)
Buses available from Brisbane to Gatton and return.
Gatton Freedom Lifestyle Park
291 Eastern Dr, Gatton QLD 4343, Australia